Sunday, February 6, 2011

Kates Playground Outdoor In Skirt

There is a devil? The long winter


Towards the end of November 2010 I spent a weekend with some friends in Tuscany ex-colleagues. I had already reported in the near post found here: http://piccola-anima.blogspot.com/2010/12/gita-gmb-2010.html . In the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo in Pisa we were able to photograph, but strictly without flash, some prints depicting the frescos in the cemetery (monumental graveyard) is now damaged so serious as a result of allied bombing in late July 1944. In one of these drawings depicts the devil to devour and intent to inflict terrible tortures of the damned. This image has been evoked in me the memory of Last Judgement painted by Giotto for the Scrovegni Chapel. I went to see him in one of several photographs shown on-line. I discovered that there are also virtual tours on the internet that allow us to enjoy this work more slowly than the few minutes that are granted to visitors to visit the small local chapel.


Comparing the pictures you can see many similarities and differences that characterize these two works show irrefutably pittoriche.In both above and disturbing figure of the devil that slaughters of mankind.

But now my intent is not is to give a lecture on art history and not a theological dissertation on the topics covered by these paintings. Certainly I would not be at, given my lack of preparation for this and, so to speak, since my ignorance ranges in all fields. What I want to do is ask myself a simple question. There is a devil?

thought I've got a bit 'and then I came to the conclusion that the devil does not exist. Beyond all the classic iconography which has been the Devil in various animal-shapes with horns and tail, I do not think there is an evil being perpetually at war with God to lead us to evil and distract us from that path of holiness to which we are all called.

Evil certainly exists, but does not come from the outside to contaminate humans. Came into being in him comes out and manifesting itself in many different ways, but all characterized by a common denominator: the rejection of God


0 comments:

Post a Comment